Thank you for your interest in our summer volunteer program!
Volunteer positions for the summer are very limited as we receive a large number of applicants and the acceptance process is competitive.
- Applicants with non-immigrant visa status (including but not limited to H-1's, H-4's, TN's, TD's, F-1's, F-2's, J-1's, J-2's, and EAD holders) are not permitted to volunteer (this does not apply to US citizens or green card holders.) Please contact International Personnel at email@example.com for more information.
- It is preferred that a candidate has had prior experience with children or a background/strong interest in child development.
- Candidates should display energy, enthusiasm, creative resourcefulness and a desire to work with children.
- Completion of all necessary volunteer department paperwork and medical clearance is mandatory for participation in the volunteer program. Once cleared, volunteers must participate in a department specific orientation.
- Child Life will only consider individuals 18 years of age and older for inpatient unit openings. High School volunteers will be placed according to available openings in the KidZone TV studio.
2018 Adult Summer Volunteers:
For more information or to set up an interview, please contact Diane Albert in the Department of Volunteer Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org 212-241-0478
- Volunteers will commit to 10-12 consecutive weeks beginning on Monday June 4th. The number of days/hours per week will be determined according to openings.
- Placements may include weekdays and/or weekends between the hours of 10-8pm
- Interview Period: Begins on January 11 until the program is filled.
2018 High School Summer Volunteers (minimum age 15 years):
For more information or to set up an interview, please contact Mathea Jacobs and Nicole wood at: Mathea.email@example.com and Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Placements will be in the KidZone TV studio. For more information about this exciting area of programming, please go to: http://www.mschildlife.org/KZTV.html
- Volunteers will commit to a total of 8 consecutive weeks beginning after the completion of the school year. The number of days/hours per week will be determined according to openings.
- Placements may include weekdays and/or weekends, daytime and evening hours.
- Interview Period: Begins on March 1 until the program is filled.