KidZone TV at the Kravis Children’s Hospital at Mount Sinai in New York City is
an interactive broadcast studio where live programming is produced and aired
three times a day, seven days a week, for pediatric patients and families within
the hospital. We specialize in providing interactive, educational, therapeutic and
entertaining programming for children and adolescents. Patients and families are
invited to participate in all dimensions of programming within the studio.
KidZone TV Interns will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of
production from concept to broadcast. We provide a fun and creative learning
environment where fresh ideas are found every day.
- Learn and perform all daily elements of live production including hosting,
technical direction, camera operation, and graphic design.
- Each intern will create their own 30-minute program from concept to
execution, with the purpose of engaging our patient community.
- Interns may be asked to assist with in-house special project filming for
- Assist with KZTV in-house promotion with our patients and families.
- Upon completion of the internship, students will be able to receive footage
from KZTV for their portfolio. Notice: Due to HIPAA laws KZTV reserves
the right to edit out any non-consented patient information.
- Interns have the option to work weekends if they prefer.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0, will receive academic credit for internship
- Completion of a minimum of 12 hours per week for 10-12 weeks
- Clearance of hospital’s interview and application process
- Hospital Affiliation Agreement signed by intern’s university
- Preferred: Prior work experiences with children and/or adolescents
Send this application, transcript, resume, and two professional/academic letters of recommendation to:
Mathea Jacobs KZTV Manager
ATTN: Mathea Jacobs KZTV Manager
The Child Life and Creative Arts Therapy Department
The Kravis Children’s Hospital at Mount Sinai
One Gustave L. Levy Place
New York, NY 10029